CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Friday, March 2, 2012

"Faces" Sequel - Progress Report

Up to seven pages today and still rolling. Creating is fun!

One major point I've picked up in the last couple of years is the importance of getting the conflict out there as fast as possible. This one's  got conflict aplenty--relationship problems, a budding mystery, self-discovery for my character. I've introduced a couple of conflicts already and am now into setting up the mystery part of it.

Tracy Wiley (for those who haven't read "Faces") has a smart mouth and likes to crack jokes. I let a friend read the first paragraph today, and I immediately got a laugh. I'm really surprised how well Tracy's humor has come in and taken over so quickly. I'm back in her head in no time at all. But then, I know her so well. She, like all my characters, is part of me. They must be since they come out of my imagination.

That being said, they are also amalgams of my traits and traits I wish I possessed, of what I am and what I might like to be or at least try. It takes me back to something that occurred to me a long time ago as a teenager trying to figure out what she wanted to do with her life. I knew I enjoyed writing, but I could imagine doing all sorts of things more exciting (and better paying) than that. Then I realized that by becoming a writer, I could be anything I wanted whenever I wanted. I could have every adventure I might dream up and always have it turn out just right.

Imagination is a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment