CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Big Bang or Whimper?

Chapter 12, page 192. Big progress today as a background player comes forward and provides information about the first of the two murders. Connections are being made, pieces coming together, and Tracy's getting angry enough about what happened to her to fight back.

As I write, more details fall into place. I'm at that stage where it's hard to put on the brakes when I need to go do something else. Ahead, I see the sequence of events unfolding, and I know where it all leads. Oddly enough, I still don't know the exact ending. Even the final confrontation is still a bit up in the air. The major climactic moment can sometimes end explosively or sometimes with a whimper of ordinary people revealing their very human frailties and selfish motives for their actions. Perhaps that's more like real life.

Does an action-filled build-up to the whimper come off corny? Or unsatisfying? I think that can be resolved by having more than one issue resolved at the end. A crime has been committed, and someone must pay for it. That can be the "big thing." Revelation of the whys turns into the whimper. Once again, the ending must also address Tracy's personal life, where she's going and who she's going with. I haven't figured that out just yet either.

No one seems to want to vote on "The Changeling Kill" covers . . . (sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment