CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Updates and Stuff

I completed checking of the revised galley for "Seer, Tyro, Fiend" this morning, so it should be ready to go. My publisher says the ebook should be released in September! Print edition date is December, but advance copies should be available as soon as the POD files are uploaded.

Well, it's official now. I'm a reviewer for Windy City Reviews.This site is where writers help other writers by reviewing their works for free. I volunteered because I know first hand how hard it is to get reviews on a book, and because "Dabblers" was reviewed here. The only requirement is that the author be a Chicago Writers Association member or have some other connection to Chicago, i.e., a Chicago-based publisher. Rules for submission are on the site. Writers looking to submit go through the list of reviewer profiles and choose someone who is interested in the type of book they wish to have reviewed. Then the submission goes to the coordinator who facilitates the process. I'm eagerly awaiting my first reviewer assignment!

Working on the new book, about half way through the first pass at polishing. It has a long way to go. Still thinking about cover art. Is there some other concept other than the one in my head that would be as good or better? Is there any way I could do it myself or should I look for a real artist? Still unsettled on this one.

I've also had some ideas for the third Windsong Lake book which I need to research a bit. They have to do with a puzzle in an old mansion that Stefanie is asked to solve. First, though, I need to know what the puzzle is about and how to execute it. And I already have an opening scene planned in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment