CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Torn

Last night, after going to bed, I couldn't stop thinking about "Resistance" and finally decided to do the time-line thing this morning just to quiet all the thoughts so I could sleep. Then I sat down this morning and couldn't wait to get back to writing, with no patience for going through what I've already done and charting what happened when. It's getting very close to the big showdown, which is more or less written in the old manuscript, but there's one more scene to do, an event which will push Dee over the edge to take offensive action.

I've read and heard about lots of different methodologies of various writers, from the can't-do-a-thing-without-a-full-outline school to write-what-I-feel-even-out-of-sequence. I tend more towards the latter I suppose because inventing the most dramatic scenes is usually what gets me started on a novel in the first place. Yet I'm an organized person by nature, and I'm also wary of missing details by waiting until I start proofing a full draft before fixing things I know are wrong. Sometimes, like today, I can fight down that tendency. I've realized that in "Resistance" I've lost track of what day of the week it is, an important fact in that the big action has been stated coming up on Saturday. Now all the good guys are scrambling to get into their positions for it because time is so short. But is it? Do I have them in Thursday or Friday at the current point?

I haven't even begun to give serious thought to cover art for this one yet, although I have in the back of my mind one of those oh-so-perfect yet highly-difficult-to-execute images. Perhaps a real artist could do it, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment