CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

New Book Planning

I finished another pass through "Where Power Lies," and I've decided to give it a rest for a few days before taking another one. One thing I will be thinking about, though, is the setup for my future world. A great cataclysm has changed the face of the country, but I fear the one I put in place is not sufficient to have brought about the destruction I envision. At first, I wanted it to be very believable, like something that could really happen, but now I'm thinking that I'll need to trump it up to something more fantastic, yet still believable.

In the meantime, I started doing some research for the next Windsong Lake book, with a current working title of "Treasure of Mongan Manor". The research started with Irish castles, then Irish names, and finally to Irish legends for the name of the central locale, Mongan Manor. Of course, that's not a real place, but I wanted a name that had meaning to Irish folklore. Between the Internet, and a wonderful resource book I bought years ago, "Myths & Legends" by Arthur Cotterell (1989, Marshall Editions Ltd.), I came upon Mongan, son of the sea god, exceedingly generous and able to change his shape. Considering my planned plot, it seemed like a good match. Considering Stefanie Durant's maiden name is Reardon, a variant of the Irish name Riordan, I figured the Irish angle would work well.

On another front, I'm reading a book for Windy City Reviews, so I've got a time frame of 4-6 weeks to consider. Actually, I'm about 20% through it already, so I think I can manage it and squeeze in some writing time, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment