CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Friday, August 9, 2013

Always Looking Ahead

"Resistance" is becoming more of a rewrite than I originally thought. I suppose I should have expected a lot of changes since choosing to reset it in the future. Even so, I'm excited by the way it's coming together. Yesterday's writing and some this morning have pushed the story closer to the big scene, the climax, and the pieces are falling into place. I'm still not sure how that scene will play out precisely, even though it will follow much of the mold as the old incarnation. I'm also unsure if I should leave the door open for a sequel or wrap it up in one book. There was a sequel almost completely finished long ago, and it was a pretty good story I think, but it too would have to be refashioned to fit into the new future setting. Ah well, one thing at a time...

And in direct opposition to one-thing-at-a-time, I've been thinking more about the third Windsong Lake book. I had a burst of inspiration to add a sort of treasure hunt aspect to the plot which would mesh well with Stefanie's pattern recognition skills. In order to do that, though, I have to figure out (a) what is the treasure and (b) what kind of puzzle or clues will lead to it. My ideas on that are vague at this point, but the concept gets me very excited. Creating puzzles is even more fun than solving them.

No comments:

Post a Comment