CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Monday, August 26, 2013

Trying to Stay Focused

Taking another pass on "Where Power Lies," but my efforts are less tactical than I had planned. I wanted to go through the entire manuscript to make sure information about the state of things in my imagined future are clear, timely, and not repeated too much. Instead, I keep finding little things to change, tweaks to wording and such, and thinking of details to add in places.

I'm still troubled by a long passage in Chapter 2 in which Dee considers how things have changed in the world in the last twenty years or so, which of course provides the opportunity to describe what she's comparing them to, thus laying out how those changes came to be. I'm thinking that passage is too long and perhaps should be scattered around a bit so it doesn't read like a documentary narrative. Too much like an aside to the audience, taking the reader out of the story. Gotta work on that.

I had some new ideas for cover art and played around with some images here and there. This in addition to updating my various websites with the news about "Seer, Tyro, Fiend." And I made some notes about the next Windsong Lake book and did some research. That project is really starting to pull together with some scenes already "written" in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment