CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Editing Continues

Still tweaking "Seer, Tyro, Fiend" but I think it's down to just tweaks with no major changes required.

This is the stage where I find places to add little bits of dialog or individual actions that reflect a character's personality or underscore an idea.  I modified the sequence of the final big scene just a bit because I thought of something important that I missed, i.e., under the circumstances, although she herself is in danger, Stefanie is worried about Paul who is also in danger. These two people share an uncommon emotional bond, and for her to not think about him regardless of her circumstances would not work.

Of course, there's still a long way to go in the editing process. I'll do the word-repetition program. I also like to go through the manuscript one final time, when most everything else is done, and turn on the feature which shows paragraph endings, tabs, and such. I've had problems in the past where I get the galley and find paragraph changes have disappeared. It usually relates to the combination of key strokes at the end of one paragraph and the start of a new one. Catching it before it happens saves my editor and me time in corrections.

Now if I could only find a way to make stuff written in italics reliably stay in italics.

No comments:

Post a Comment