CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Friday, April 5, 2013

Busy Morning

In addition to a load of laundry and trips to two stores, I dove into the Big Scene for "Seer, Tyro, Fiend." I find I have to go back to earlier chapters and make adjustments to passages that describe Stefanie's studio. Since the crucial conversation she is engaged in with the "Fiend" of the title requires tying up clues and facts from throughout the book, I have to go back and check what was said and sometimes change that.

These dramatic moments can be tough to write. I know what I have to reveal, but I worry about pacing. We're on a build-up to action here, and there's no room for descriptions or thoughts which slow the pace. I stopped about midway through the scene to go do errands, but I kept thinking about it as I drove to the stores and back. I realized that some of the revelations I had just written could really wait for the wrap-up chapter to come.

I can hardly wait to get back on it after lunch. At this rate, I might even have the first draft done by afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment