CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Ah, Proofreading

This morning, I picked up the galley files for "Stranger Faces" the print book and I started reading. Once again, I find myself itching to change little things that don't really need it--a phrase reused in too short an interval, a word, a paragraph change--but I know I must resist. I'm on Chapter 4 now and have only found one real correction.

I also added a bit to "Janus Games" first thing, having jotted some notes on ideas the night before. At times it seems that my subconscious knows the plot before I do and supplies those ideas as needed, surprising me with how well things fit together. Even when I have to devote some time to proofing galleys, I try to keep adding to my current work in progress so the story doesn't lose its allure in my imagination. I also think about how great it is to not have a regular day job to get in my way.

As for things that get in my way, in 15 more days, I'll get rid of one of them--the cast on my arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment