CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

And We Have A First Draft

Wrote the final chapter of "Game Faces" today, completing the first draft. Of course, there's still a lot of work to be done on it, as previously mentioned: adding sensory details, verifying consistency of facts, fleshing out characters, adding more description to action sequences. My piecemeal approach to writing generally requires this additional checking/expanding step. I'll be in the middle of, say, Chapter 10, and realize that I need to go back and set up something or explain something much earlier so that it doesn't bog down the part in Chapter 10. It's all part of my process. There may even be an element of not wanting the story to actually end yet once I've written that final line. I go back and re-read and tweak and augment because I want to stay in that world.

"The Changeling Kill" is days away from publication. I will, of course, need to get into publicizing it, mainly through my various web outlets.

And there's the book fair in Glen Ellyn, Illinois, in June. It's not far from where I live, and it will be a chance to sell books. I'll have paperback copies of "The Dreamer Gambit" but I'll take along promotional materials for "Two Faces, Two Faced" and "The Changeling Kill." This will be a new experience for me, sitting on the other side of one of those tables trying to sell something. At this point, I'm not sure if it's nerve wracking or exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment