CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Nine to Five

With the weekend over, work resumes on "Seer, Tyro, Fiend." Since my day job ended just over a week ago, I have all the time I want to write during the weekdays, so I take a break on the weekend. Kind of makes it my 9-to-5 job! Even so, the ideas keep coming, and a number of them hit me just after going to bed last night. There were so many, I finally had to get up and make some notes for fear of forgetting them by morning.

One thing I included in a scene which suggested Stefanie had even more psychic ability I took back out. Between her visions of future events and her eidetic memory, she's got enough power already. I put it in originally because I needed her to get more of a sense of the "fiend" in the title, the ultimate bad guy. Instead, I modified an earlier scene to supply more information about him and give him more on-stage time. Those changes got made this morning. I also needed to check on some foreshadowing details, to make sure events happened in the right place and the right people have knowledge of them.

My ideas about the background of the sinister doings of the story continue to evolve. It's all about the motive, and I keep playing with that. The concern is that I get stuck in a rut of motivation, of the same reasons for bad guys doing bad things. I caught myself in the act this time but a little tweaking is all that's required. But then I have to go back and foreshadow it properly and . . .

Writing is an iterative process.

Today's "Gotcha" came from looking up stuff for "Seer, Tyro, Fiend":
pallet/palette - The first one is used in shipping; the second one is the board an artist uses for paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment