CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Advertising Day

Since the latest scene for "Seer, Tyro, Fiend" is still under construction in my head, I spent some time this morning creating a book brochure which can be downloaded as a PDF file. I tried adding it to this blog page, but I can't figure out how to "attach" a file for download. Hmmm. Anyway, I have provided a new link at the left of this page to get to my Google site where you can download the brochure. I thought this might be a good way for people to get information on my books in a manner they can easily save and look at later.

My other goal for this new brochure is to start sending emails to area libraries with the brochure attached, also indicating that it can be downloaded if anyone has a problem with attachments to emails. In the email, I plan to tell them of my willingness to do events--signings, book fairs, book clubs, etc. Creating the content of this email is next on my list, along with finding addresses to send it to.

Another thing I'm considering is some sort of promotional video. Right this moment, I know nothing, make that less than nothing, about making videos for the Internet. If anyone out there has information on the subject--how to do it yourself or how to get it done--I'd love to hear from you.

Congratulations to Gunter Kaesdorf on the publication of his first novel! I met Gunter at Love Is Murder back in February and we talked at some length about the trials and triumphs of getting published. I told him, in glowing words, about my success with Write Words, Inc., and he said he planned to send a query letter. Lo and behold, he got a contract and his first book is soon to be published.

So to all you "uns" (i.e., unpublished) authors out there, by all means, give real consideration to small publishers. While they might not have the resources of the "big boys," and you will have to fill in some of those gaps yourself, you also stand to gain some things the major houses will not offer. Artistic freedom comes to mind. I've heard stories from authors about zero control on the cover art, titles being changed, endings being changed. That hasn't happened to me at all, plus I can handle all the business of getting the books out via my computer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment