CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Music, Music, Music

As I've remarked in past posts, music always plays a big role in my writing. It inspires me, sometimes with a bit of lyric or a created atmosphere. On occasion, I have incorporated inspiring tunes into the novel they impacted.

Having just did my "soundtrack" post for "The Changeling Kill," I realized that I had not connected much music to "Game Faces" which is still in progress. The only tune thus far was "Heartbreaker" by Pat Benatar.

Yesterday, my friend, Ellen, and I were talking about music and realized we both liked many of the same performers. One of those is Enigma, a group I stumbled across a few years ago on recommendation from another coworker. Ellen had a different CD than the one I did, and she loaned me hers.

Voila! It was as if someone had written a soundtrack for "Game Faces." One of the songs had the classic effect and inspired me to tweak a scene to incorporate the imagery the song created. When I told Ellen how much I liked it and that it inspired me, she said I should keep the CD for my own. This one will be listened to a great deal. The songs will, of course, be listed in the soundtrack post when "Game Faces" becomes a published novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment