CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Letting Go

I am now very close to that wrenching moment when I must decided that "Game Faces" is done and send it off, a feeling perhaps like a parent sending a child off to school for the first time. This entity which I have created must now stand on its own. While some people might scoff at the idea of comparing writing a book to raising a child, I would say to them that there is a lot of emotional investment in writing, or at least in mine. Having a book published is tantamount to baring a piece of my soul to the world and waiting for its judgment. Hours and hours of time and thought have gone into building this fictional world and these imaginary people, and yet they are somewhat real because they are parts of me, developed in my head based on my history and who I am and what I believe.

Yet the time is coming when I have to dust off my hands and say "I'm done with this one." I must admit, however, that it is easier because Tracy will be be back. She'll have another adventure (at least one) and I can continue developing her world.

My other dilemma is whether or not to resurrect one of my earlier works prior to working on another "Faces" book, or even another Jack Watson book. I've always wondered about authors who write a series. How difficult is it to get acceptance when they want to break into something new? I can imagine a reader grabbing the eagerly-awaited newest release from a favorite author and finding to his/her dismay that the familiar character(s) are not part of it. With that in mind, I may just have to try one of those other novels at this juncture.

No comments:

Post a Comment