CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Ready . . . Set . . .

Stocked up and getting prepared for Glen Ellyn BookFest next Saturday. I bought more ink cartridges, a sign holder, and a tray, and then got to work printing. The letter-style tray will hold a single-sheet summary of all my published books. I printed about 50 of those. The stand up sign holder is for the price sign for paperback copies of "The Dreamer Gambit." I'm thinking about creating chapbooks for "The Changeling Kill" to be given to anyone who buys "Dreamer." The paperbacks will have a special gold label on the binding. I printed a sheet of those too, but I need to trim them a tiny bit before applying to the books.

Further preparation--I've got my eye on a small blue toolbox that formerly held -- tools! -- to use as my cash box. It needs to be cleaned out first, and I've found a small padlock to use on it. I'll also get the opportunity at the event to give a one-minute pitch to the audience as it gathers for the keynote speaker. One minute can be horrendously short or excruciatingly long or both. What to say? I have some idea, but it will require polishing and rehearsing.

As for progress on "Dabblers," my first pass is up to the final wrap-it-all-up chapter. I hope to complete at least a second pass before the editor at Write Words sends me galleys for "Game Faces." I have some ideas for cover art for "Dabblers" that I'm mulling over. Of course, since "Dabblers" is a new story line, it will have to be sent to the Write Words committee for acceptance. I guess I shouldn't get the cart before the horse here and take it one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment