CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Here We Go Again

Started writing the third installment of the Tracy Wiley series. As noted in yesterday's post, the compulsion to get going on all those ideas I have for it proved inescapable. Up to ten pages so far today. I have a working title, but I almost hesitate to use it. For one thing, it does not exactly fit the pattern of the other titles. It also does not convey the essence of the story.

Had another thought about "Dabblers" today in regards to my POV character, Stefanie. I think part of the problem is she seems too weak. I know she is faced with uncertainty and sometimes frightening events, and I know she feels a need to hide aspects of herself from other people, but the net effect is weakness. Potential readers won't know what's inside her until late in the story, but if she's too wishy-washy, no reader will get that far. What the cure for this situation is, I don't know. At some point, it will simply come to me, I'm sure (or fairly sure). I just need the right inspiration.

Glen Ellyn BookFest is this coming Saturday, and it's very exciting. While I'll be selling/signing copies of "The Dreamer Gambit," I'm not looking at the event solely as a money-making proposition. Hopefully, I will sell some books, the more the better. But the main thrust is promotion, getting my works into the public eye. I have fliers to hand out as well as business cards. There will be other authors there and people from other areas of the fiction business. So it's time to get my game face on and tap the exhibitionist part of my personality. That part doesn't get out much and remains somewhat shy, but I need it now if I'm going to make it in this business.

Now, back to my next novel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment