CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Story Invents Itself

Another scene for "The Janus Rule" completed this morning, and it was a tough one. As I mentioned in yesterday's post, the conversation between Angel and a cop while on a date had to provide information while moving their relationship forward. Scenes like this one usually wind up going through a number of fits and starts. I'll write a piece of dialog and then change my mind about where it's going. When I started this particular passage, I wasn't really sure where it would lead specifically. I thought it might have Angel suspecting her new friend of something, since it's in her nature to do that. It didn't quite turn out that way, but that element will probably creep in relatively soon.

I had also expected to relay some of her findings on her case, but now I'll have to find another way to do that. She should be talking to Jack, but the logistics are getting in the way. There's another scene to write before I get to that, though, and maybe that one will show me how to get where I need to go.

Yesterday and today, I also did a little something on the promotion front. I went to my Amazon author page and updated all six novels with a "From The Author" segment, which I didn't know existed until yesterday. It's just a place where I can expand on the blurb that appears for each book, hopefully to further intrigue and entice readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment