CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Jumping the Gun

My severe winter cold kept me from doing much of anything yesterday, and anything that keeps me from writing is really severe. So far today, I have done some more proofing of "Stranger Faces" and found some more corrections. Not sure if I'll be able to do a reading from a printed galley since I haven't yet tried to figure out what's wrong with my printer and why the pages keep jamming.

Although "Stranger Faces" won't make its official debut for another couple of weeks, I'm going to do one of my standard new-book posts on it now, i.e., the music that inspired me and could possibly be included in a soundtrack.

Twilight Zone - Golden Earring  There is a scene that finds Tracy in a lonely hotel room where a man has just been shot. The lyrics of this song inspired the scene. "It's two a.m. . . ."

Booty Swing - Parov Stelar  Some time back, the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas ran a TV commercial with various odd-ball people in an elevator and this song playing over it. It inspired the scenes at the fictional Chimera Club in the book.

Strangers in the Night - Frank Sinatra  One of the tunes played at the Chimera club where Tracy sees lots of characters that fit the title.

Destination Unknown - Top Gun Soundtrack  This one characterizes Tracy's road trip with Fox since she has no idea what he's up to or what her role will be. "Top Gun" has one of the best soundtrack collections EVER!

Strange Days - The Doors  This one's a perfect choice as Tracy experiences some strange days of her own. It has that eerie and somewhat desperate mood to it.






No comments:

Post a Comment