CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Back On Track

The adjustments that needed to be made to "Seer Tyro Fiend" are done, and I'm back to creating new text in the manuscript. The exercise has proved fruitful in generating the invention of some new scenes. Where I was stuck before, I suddenly see the way to go now. Magic . . .

Unfortunately, I started imagining some of those new scenes too late in the evening, and thinking about them held sleep at bay until the wee hours of the morning. I'm sure some other authors would have gotten up and started writing those scenes in the middle of the night, but mine were not that well developed yet. Until I can play out the scene in my head, almost like a watching a movie, I can't really put it into words. Sometimes I make notes, and I've thought on occasion to keep a notepad in my nightstand, but the idea of turning on a light and writing stuff down always seems like it would be too disruptive in the middle of the night. That leads to going over and over the ideas in my head to make sure I don't forget, which is disruptive in itself. Perhaps it's the lesser of evils since I would berate myself severely if I did forget an idea and could not recapture it. (It's happened before.)

On another note, Love Is Murder is less than a month away, making February 1, its first day, quite a big day indeed. That is also the date when "Stranger Faces" is released as an ebook and "Two Faces, Two Faced" goes to print. The happy coincidence suggests some promotional ideas, which reminds me that I need to get all my fliers and brochures ready to go. The chapbooks I did last year for "Two Faces, Two Faced" virtually disappeared at Love Is Murder, so perhaps some of the same for "Stranger Faces" would be a good idea. At the same time, I've been trying to generate more interest in "Dabblers" since it is on the ballot for the Lovey Awards. Another set of chapbooks? Hmm. The old printer is going to be glowing red hot in the next month.


No comments:

Post a Comment