CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Friday, January 20, 2012

"Two Faces, Two Faced" - The Music

This book was not nearly as music-oriented as "Dreamer," but there are a few songs mentioned in it:

I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash: Tracy sings this at a point when she thinks her problems are over, although they're just starting.

Misty - by Erroll Garner: An old classic played at Club Raoul.

Girl From Ipanema - Antonio Carlos Jobim: Another one of the Club Raoul tunes.

Row, Row, Row Your Boat - ????: Tracy sings this to herself while . . . rowing.

A couple of more songs were in my head while I worked on "Faces" but they are not mentioned in the book:

Living Daylights - Aha: This was the title piece from the James Bond movie of the same name. It's a favorite Bond flick for me. The song's opening line seemed to fit some of Tracy's situations . . . "Hey, driver, where we goin'?"

Crockett's Theme - Jan Hammer: From the old "Miami Vice" TV series, natch. I heard it as sort of a love theme for Tracy and Alex--soft and a little melancholy.

No comments:

Post a Comment