CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Love Getting a Great Review

I posted the first chapter each of "The Dreamer Gambit" and "Two Faces, Two Faced" on Writers Cafe, and received some great reviews.

On "Dreamer" from Steve R.:

Great stuff. Raises lots of questions, like is Jack or Burt one of the guys who killed Scot C? Starting out with the different plot threads that I'm sure get tied together keeps the reader eager to read more, I think. No wonder you have a couple of novels published already. Description of the bar is well written. Descriptions of the people too. Enough to give an image without being overwhelming.

On "Faces" from Chris:

...And so it begins... You set a mood, began the intrigue. Not overly stereotypical. The pace was good. I liked the grasp of humor and the character interpretations.

The best thing is hearing that people get the humor, actually find Tracy's jokes and quips funny. Humor is not that easy to do as I've been told by many writers far more experienced than I am, so it feels good to know I managed to get it right.

Now the challenge will be carrying through that aspect of Tracy's personality in the sequel. Yes, Virginia, there is going to be a sequel. I've got quite a few ideas and am working through the plot, now that the heavy-lifting for "The Changeling Kill" is done.

Speaking of "Changeling," after searching through more image websites than I can remember (or want to), I think I may try staging the cover for it myself. A few props will be needed, but they should be easy to acquire. I just hope it winds up looking reasonably professional.

Maybe I should have a Plan B, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment