CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Catching Up

I have been going over "The Changeling Kill" in a sort of haphazard way, and I keep thinking of other avenues for editing that I will want to employ. Also reviewed some of the info in "Write in Style" by Bobbie Christmas, a great resource. Now I'm at a point where I think I want to give "Changeling" a little vacation.

Next up, "Dabblers." An agent I submitted it to a few years ago said the characters were not very three-dimensional. Upon rereading the opening pages, I think what she really meant was that there was no conflict right out of the box. (That's what everyone seems to look for these days--a problem statement.) The point of conflict in a story is to show what the characters are made of. The conflict produces emotions, plans, goals, reactions, etc. I have some ideas for revisions that I think will help.

On the sequel for "Two Faces, Two Faced," my list of notes on ideas is growing. A key scene I have in mind was one that developed for another book but I think it will fit in nicely. My only concern is making the story too dark, because Tracy has a sense of humor and I don't think the readers who have liked her (yes, there are some!) would accept a sequel without her humor.

For now, it's time to crank up the publicity engine again using some of the suggestions from an LIM workshop last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment