CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Friday, September 9, 2011

The "Dreamer" Sequel

A long time ago (so it seems), I started on a sequel to "The Dreamer Gambit," before I had even found a publisher. Then I stopped that effort  to work on some other projects. (See an earlier post wherein I list all my writing projects.) I barely made it through chapter one.

Now that a new novel has been submitted for possible publication and my short story contest entry is done, I am getting my head into the sequel. I've started to realize how much time has passed since I actually worked on a brand new novel. I actually experienced a few minutes of trepidation, wondering if I still knew how. But, lo and behold, as I began thinking about the plot and the characters, the old imagination machine kicked in. Scenes began developing in my head, ideas for plot twists pop into my head, scenes and dialog build like magic.

The main problem in the near term is to grab onto all those ideas long enough to keep notes of them and not forget them. Unfortunately, my brain tends to start churning them out at times ill suited to writing anything down, like while driving and trying to get to sleep at night. Time to put that pad of paper on the night table again.

No comments:

Post a Comment