CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Catching Up

Okay, so the sequel to "The Dreamer Gambit" is underway. I reviewed and revised the old manuscript and began forging ahead when, lo and behold, the file showed signs of corruption. I'd seen it before: suddenly a line of text is replaced by a row of little black boxes and they cannot be deleted. Oh, they look like they're gone, but they always come back.

So I started retyping, using the custom Word template I set up ages ago for manuscripts. Twenty-four pages in, more black boxes. The light dawns: it's the template! I had to copy the retyped part and paste it into Wordpad as text only, ditto the part that I had not retyped. Then start a new document--no template!--and pasted all the text into it. I lost all the formatting, but it was better than retyping yet again!

Yesterday, I sent off my entry to Writers of the Future for the fourth quarter. Now comes the long wait for the results.

I received the corrected galleys for the "Dreamer" print edition, and I'll review those against the changes I had sent before.

Then I can get back to writing new stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment