- The Dreamer Gambit was started in 2005.
- It has been rewritten three times, and that doesn't count numerous goings-over to edit it in between.
- In its various forms, it was rejected (which includes agents/publishers who never responded at all) by 25 agents, and 4 publishers contacted without an agent.
- Three agents were pitched face-to-face at a writers' convention in 2009. (I had to pay for attendance.)
- Waiting times for rejections could be anywhere from a week to several months.
- Prior to agents/publishers getting hip to on-line submissions, a paper submission consisting of cover letter, synopsis, first three chapters, and an SASE could cost $3 to $4 each.
Working with Write Words has been great. The process moved along pretty fast by my experience, and everyone on the staff has been professional, helpful, and friendly.