CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Friday, March 4, 2011

About That Title ...

Several people have asked me about the title and cover for "The Dreamer Gambit". Webster's Dictionary defines the word "gambit" as follows:

"A chess opening in which a player risks one or more pawns or a minor piece to gain an advantage in position."

My main character is the "dreamer," and the chess game refers to the plots and maneuverings of several powerful players.

Incidentally, the cover was my own design. The folks at Write Words asked me for ideas. I wanted the chess theme with dream-like overtones, and I fiddled around with some clip art I found on the web. Shelley, my editor, added the lettering.

No comments:

Post a Comment