CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

If My Book Became a Movie . . . The Soundtrack

Since "The Dreamer Gambit" is about a singer, naturally there are a lot of musical references in the story, and here they are:

  • "Fly Me to the Moon (In Other Words)" - Frank Sinatra made it famous
  • "You've Got a Friend"
  • "The Man I Love" - a Billie Holiday song
  • "Tearing Us Apart" - the Eric Clapton/Tina Turner duet
  • "Cover Me" - a Bruce Springsteen offering; has significant meaning to the story
As for the song "Dreamer" written by the main character, I never even had any idea of what the tune or the lyrics are. Somebody would have to write that one for a movie soundtrack.

In a future post, I'll talk about casting.

No comments:

Post a Comment