CONTACT ME

Fans, friends, and anyone else can use the following address to send me email: kfauthor@gmail.com

Whether it's a comment you don't wish to post in front of everyone or a request for information, I will monitor this address and try to follow up to those indicating they wish a reply. (Please, no spam. I just want to make it easy to communicate.)

IMPORTANT - email addresses are ONLY used to respond to messages, and are NOT sold or used for any other purpose.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Making Strides

It's been a pretty good day on the writing front.

Finished the first draft of my next Writers of the Future Contest entry. Can I wow the judges and get to the Finalist category this time? I think this one has a chance as its premise is something I've never seen done before. Of course, I don't read everything.

This afternoon, I received the signed contract for the print edition of  "The Dreamer Gambit". More details as they become available.

I also received an e-mail response from the organizers of the Love Is Murder 2012 Mystery Conference. I am going to have an ad for my book appear in the Kiss Kiss Bang Bang newsletter for the next few months. I still need to get more details about how I can market my book while at the conference. This'll be so much more fun than pitching to agents (although their Pitch-A-Palooza is a great way to get the ear of literary agents who are usually swamped with submissions).

Now, the question becomes will I sell enough copies of "The Dreamer Gambit" to disqualify myself from the contest? Or will I get free PR from any sort of standing in the contest to help sell more books?

Or am I getting a little too big for my britches here? To paraphrase a famous quote, gotta remember to keep both feet on the ground when events get your head in the clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment