- Who is this character? (Of course, in a sequel, I already know this.)
- What does he/she want? Or more specifically, what problem is presented.
- What does this character do about it?
- What conflict arises from this action?
- How does the character address the conflict?
- What showdown does this lead to?
- How is the problem resolved?
So yesterday's scene was where some smaller events culminated in a crisis situation. My amateur sleuth, artist Stefanie Durant, is not a logical thinker, so it takes a crisis to get her thinking and making the proper connections. This scene is where her investigator husband Paul gets more into the act.
Then there will be the "big scene," the climactic moment which leads to resolution. Oddly, I don't know what this will be yet. In fact, I'm still playing with the roles of the various antagonists involved. Now that I have them in mind, that they've become "real" to me, I'll sit back and let their personalities take them where they have to go.